Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Terrorist Dogs and Other Conspiracies

As I’ve said before, being a moderate makes me freak out when I see extremism on either the far right or far left. Unfortunately, living in Utah I see more of the far right being displayed. Here are some humorous examples of far right extremism from the Colbert Report:

The Colbert Report Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Middle Eastern Dogs
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes Political Humor Health Care reform

Let’s be honest…I’m not surprised about dogs being terrorists. Rudy used to be pretty destructive when Jen first found him and took him off the street. What is shocking is how people respond to the Census:

The Colbert Report Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
United States Census 2010
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes Political Humor Health Care reform

Tonight is when the Utah Democrats and Republicans will be holding their around the state. You can get more information about the meetings here.

You can also find out what district you are in here.

With the recent passage of the Health Care Reform Bill, I'm sure tomorrow night will be a pretty wild and cacophonous night at the Republican caucus meetings. I plan to go to my area's Republican meeting to try to be the moderate voice of reason in the room. I'm really concerned about these extremely right-wing tea partiers trying to further push their radical agenda on the state, and want to do all that I can to temper the insanity.

Please try to attend your local meeting to try to talk some sense into these wackos! PLEASE!

And as if we needed another reason to show up, Super Dell is running for governor again!  We have to stop this guy!

1 comment:

John said...

We just got back from our caucus, and it was packed. From the two line introductions our candidates for delegate gave, it was hard to get a sense of their position. But one man said, "I'm mad, and I'm not going to take it anymore". He was elected, but not by as large a margin as I might have thought. Sometimes while I was there, I felt like I was in the wrong party, but in any other state, I'm definitely not a democrat.