Sunday, April 3, 2011

John Tanner Movie - Treasure in Heaven

After General Conference today, I saw a posting about my great-great-great-grandfather, John Tanner. I guess the BYU-TV channel yesterday broadcasted a film made about two years ago by my cousin, T.C. Christensen (well, technically he's my dad's first-cousin and my first-cousin, one generation removed or something like that, but it's just easier to say cousin like a Polynesian would). T.C. is a well known director and filmographer for the church, who did the principle photography for many major church film productions, including Mouth of Babes, Legacy, The Testaments, and the Joseph Smith Movie. Jen and I went to the premiere a few months after we got married.

Treasure in Heaven is the story of our ancestor's miraculous conversion to the church and some of the major events in church history that he participated in. There are some cool experiences captured in this film, many of which I grew up hearing from my own dad. I am excited to share this family legacy with Isaiah one day.

So without further adieu, here is the film from BYU-TV's website:




Enjoy!

No comments: