I proposed to my girlfriend Jennifer on New Year's Eve. I'm sorry this post isn't going to be that story (which will be coming soon! honest!). Since that time, I feel like a real man now, one who can tackle any and all obstacles with maturity. To celebrate this, I wanted to share my favorite church video from 1962 that I found online today...Measure of a Man.
It's the story of a nice boy going for a wild night on the town with his friends to get some root beer. Beginning with broken promises to mom to be home before 10:00, the night spirals out of control when they meet some wild girls (who act tamer than even the prudest BYU freshman). They also listen to rowdy jazz music (When the Saint's Come Marching In), drive really fast, and ultimately find a can of "teeny, weeny beer." "Mmmm...beer!"
This movie is soo awesome in its awfulness. It's like watching an incredibly awkward blind date, but it just keeps getting worse and worse. You simply have to watch it.
2 comments:
So I've been expecting a "proposal" post for months now Brian. I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to read the story!
yes, i agree with casey brianne....although measure of a man is interesting - where's the story!??! even though i know most of your proposal story, we still want to hear it!
Post a Comment